Not that I've actually been
to Australia, but I've done these things.
1. Heard a kookaburra in person
2. Slept under the stars3. Seen a koala.
In a zoo...
4. Visited Melbourne5. Watched a summer thunderstorm
6. Worn a pair of thongs
7. Been to Uluru (Ayer's Rock).
8. Visited Cape York9. Held a snake
10. Sang along with Khe San
11. Drank VB
12. Visited Sydney.13. Have seen a shark
At the National Aquarium...14. Have used Aussie slang naturally in a conversation
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian (aboriginal).16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach
Boardwalk Fries in a cup at Ocean City, but I think that counts.
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson's.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus
21. Been to Sydney's Mardi Gras
22. Have gone bush-bashing.23. Taken a sickie.
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football
25. Have seen wild camels
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Had a Tim Tam Slam (Have a what
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service.30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Held a wombat32. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more
Not since I was sixteen and we were going to South Dakota.
33. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person34. Had a really bad sunburn
35. Visited an aboriginal community
36. Seen a redback spider37. Have watched Paul Hogan
Not in person
, but I have seen Crocodile Dundee (unfortunately)
38. Seen Blue Polls in person
39. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback
40. Eaten Vegemite
41. Thrown a boomerang
42. Seen the Kimberlies
43. Given a hitch-hiker a lift
44. Been to Perth
45. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters
46. Tried playing a didgeridoo
47. Seen dinosaur footprints
48. Eaten Tim Tams
49. Been to Darwin
50. Touched a kangaroo
51. Visted the Great Barrier Reef
52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson
53. Killed a Cane Toad
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. .55. Have read and own books by Australian authors
I have dead tree issues of Terinu
so as far as I'm concerned, they count.
56. Visited Adelaide
57. Know the story behind "Eternity" (whut?)58. Been camping
59. Visited Brisbane
60. Been in an outback pub61. Know what the term "Waltzing Matilda" actually means
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Listened to Slim Dusty
64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series65. Sang along to Down Under
Where women go and men plunder!66. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road.
67. Eaten a 4'n'20 pie
68. Surfed at Bondi
69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day
70. Visited Hobart
71. Eaten kangaroo. (Eww!)
72. Seen a quokka And fed them red cordial and beetle grubs. They were enthusiastic for both.
73. Visited Canberra
74. Visited rainforests
75. Used a Victa lawnmower
76. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide
78. Used a Hills hoist
79. Visited the Olgas
80. Used native Australian plants in cooking81. Visited the snow
I live in Maryland, it visits us
82. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford83. Visited the desert
The South Dakota Badlands certainly qualify
84. Been water skiing
85. Read The Phantom
86. Visited Parliament House
87. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting
88. Crossed the Nullarbor
89. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles90. Listened to AC/DC.
91. Called someone a dag92. Voted in a Federal Election
Not an Australian one, admittedly...
93. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags
94. Had a possum in your roof
95. Visited the outback
96. Travelled over corrugated roads.
97. Hit a kangaroo while driving98. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage
I live outside mobile coverage.99. Seen an emu.
At the zoo.
100. Have woken to the smell of bushfires