|First night home for Lex
||[Aug. 26th, 2008|01:16 pm]
* Sleep is a thing of the past
* Based on last night and the one before, Lex has decided, at this stage in his development, that the best time for his major feeds is from about 11pm onwards.
* Sharon cannot yet burp Lex.
* This is something that displeases him greatly.
* I have burped Lex successfully once.
* This pleases me greatly.
* I will be setting up DVDs for Sharon to watch while feeding late at night. So she had better not piss me off.
* I'm looking forward to when Sharon has enough expressed milk that I can feed Lex at night and give her a rest.
* Poor Lex, having to deal with his two inexperienced parents. We faff about getting all confused, trying to figure if the crying is gas, nappy, yet another feeding, need for attention, boredom, or a jolly game of "how long before they come over this time?"
* Mum was only woken by his cries twice, even though she's in the next room. We now officially
* I have finally changed a pooey nappy. I am hoping this is the last time I feel the need to mention poo on my livejournal, unless he does something really remarkable, like passing a stool made of gold.
* So far we are keeping our natural good humour about all this.
* I don't expect that to last.
*love and support*
You remind me of my conversations with Calli and Chesh following Vinnie's birth :)
Early days yet! It takes a while for them to get into a routine that suits you, ie fewer feeds at night.
I still don't know why Clara's crying sometimes, particularly in the middle of a feed, ie whether it's gas, reflux, pissed off that I took her off the nipple etc.
Also, I know I haven't called or emailed but I'm erring on the side of not adding to the influx on the assumption that you know the love is constant.
Babies are awesome, because they're at the only age at which it's possible and permissable to poo, wee, burp, sneeze, vomit, cough and cry all at the same time.
Holy crap, you inspire me to go back and want to have another baby... :P
I was told not to worry too much about burping with breastfeeding because they don't take in as much air. It's just bottle feeding. But it might be different... best to check with your Health Nurse at Lex's next well baby check.
Congrats to the three of you!
Oh the memories, I want to know how you actually get pre-experience for babies, toddlers, children & teenagers. Oh thats right you don't, you make it up as you go along, take/listen to advice, do what you think is right and if it works great if not don't do it again.
You and Sharon will be fine parents, and Lex will be proud to call you Mum & Dad ( when he starts to talk ) can't wait for that one....
So, first he arrived late and now he's keeping you up at night by being a nocturnal feeder?
Yep, Lex has got you well and truly under his thumb. :)
If you need me to do a grocery run sometime let me know and I'll see what I can do.
That icon is made of pure win :)
Yay! A comment on the icon!
I love the series, even with it's many flaws, and must confess that while I write "Lex" I think "Lexx"
Meanwhile, the first thought of at least two random people to whom I've mentioned my new nephew is that he's named after Lex Luthor...
Which made me realise - I don't actually know *where* you got the name. Is there a story?
Aah the three "B"s.
Boobie, Burp or Bum.
With Jack I found that patting him in sets of three, one on his bum, one on his lower back and finally one on his upper back was the best way to burp him. I also was a lot more forceful than callistra
which is my secret I think.
**hugs** Welcome to parenthood. Having never even visited the place myself, I'm going to be absolutely useless when it comes to advice. I'll just have to content myself with laughing sympathetically at your parental fumblings every chance I get. After all, you write about them so well...