|Old Fart Meme
||[Mar. 7th, 2007|10:31 am]
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?
'Have you ever kissed someone?'
'Told someone you loved them?'
Here are some questions for the people who are a little more mature... Okay, okay... OLD FOLKS like us......
The Old Fart Quiz
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The rates. A necessary evil, but just seem too expensive at times.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
I don't know, I don't think of myself as romantic.
3. Last time you puked from drinking?
4. When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
Never. But I wouldn't need to be drunk to dance on a bar anyway, it would only need to occur to me to be something I may enjoy doing, and/or that others may enjoy it also.
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Laying in bed, cuddling and talking with someone I like. It being post-coital is optional. If not doing that, then driving someplace new.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A spy or a detective.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
9. Why did you choose shirt that you have on right now?
It had long sleeves and was clean.
10. GAS PRICES?
Should actually be way higher, with the extra going towards repairing the damage done. That said, I wince at them now.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you, who would you take and where?
Eucla would be my first choice of destination. Sharon or Kali choices of people. Unfortunately, Sharon at Eucla would lead to me being bludgeoned to death as she went slowly mad. Kali would enjoy Eucla much more - but if we were under the same roof, we would likely be eventually found having died during sex, with our hands wrapped around each other's throats.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I was already awake.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I hope I sleep better tonight... Damn I need a root.
14. Favorite style of underwear?
Any that's comfy, on the occasions when I think I need to wear it, though I seem to get more compliments on my bum and wedding tackle when wearing Bonds. I prefer to go without though.
15. Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
Anything that suits the person. White cotton knickers can be as sexy as lingerie on the right woman. Commando is also fine.
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
I hate, hate, hate washing dishes beyond any other job. I'm too picky about getting them completely clean, so it takes forever. Happy drying them, just hate washing them.
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Possibly. More likely I would get caught up in my own projects, some of which may have possitive small community benefits. I... Wait... I don't actually have a job, and that's what I'm doing now. And I am volunteering for something. So yes... if it's something I believe in.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
Would love to be able to sleep in. But I tend to wake early.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
20. Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Cuddle and talk, or watch a good film.
21. A secret that you wouldn't mind everyone knowing?
Have you read my journal? Do you think I have any secrets left?! Okay, I do, but they'll all be out by the time 100 Days of Love and Hate is finished.
22. When did you first start feeling old?
I'm not sure I really have. I've slowed down and I'm not capable of doing so much, and I joke about being old, but I don't so much feel old as feeling like I have to make allowances for new limitations. And it's not like I give in to those limitations, I just respect them when I have to, and rally against them when I don't.
Send me three attractive horny twenty year-old women. If I can't manage at least two sessions with each over a day, then I'll feel old.
23. Favorite 80's movie?
Toss-up between Radioactive Dreams and Sons of Steel.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
25. What do you get every time you go into Sam's Club?
I dunno. If we them here, and I went there, would an appropriate answer be 'fat'?
26. Beach or lake?
Love the beach, but would pick a lake if it was in the middle of a remote forest.
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual that was invented?
It has its place, just as people living defacto, or being handfasted, or staying single, or being poly each have their places. The only problem with marriage is it has become a thing to do, rather than a serious committment. And of course it was invented, you bloody fool! There are animals that mate for life, but they don't do a ceremony to celebrate it.
28. How many people do you stalk on Myspace?
None. Why? Are you feeling lonely?
29. Favorite guilty pleasure?
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Oh yes, because I am so worried that people will find out that I love Princess Diaries 1&2. Or The Secretary. Or The Very Good Girls of Godiva High. Or the porno, musical version of Cinderella. Ok, I'll tell... it's the two 1960's Dr. Who movies with Peter Cushing.
31. What's your drink?
Cordial or water. Coke with greasy foods like pizza or chips.
32. Cowboys or Indians?
Cowboys and indians. I want to see a Bollywood Western!
33. Cops or Robbers?
Criminal Mastermind or Great Detective, eithet I find pleasing. Bother me not with the lackeys.
34. Who from high school would you like to run into?
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
No idea. It changes frequently when I'm not listening to MP3's.
36. Norm or Cliff?
Norm. I would hurt Cliff.
37. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
The Simpsons... but usually only if I was feeling braindead.
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
All these weak bastards that refuse to answer this one! Bah! Only one? But I have so many!
Probably letting a woman go because I thought it was the right thing to do for her and what she wanted. She became a shell of her former self with the guy she ended up with, lost her spark, became bitter. She stayed with him for four years and seemed miserable the whole time.
39. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
I work from home, the person who sits nearest me is my wife in the evenings. I bloody hope I like her!
40. If you could get away with it, who would you kill?
At this point, even over Lameo, who I would only leave deaf, dumb, blind, and limbless, it would have to be George W Bush. I don't know whether he is evil and selfish, or merely a stupid coward, regardless he has caused far too much suffering to continue to get away with it. But I'd still sit and want to have a very long talk with him first, to try and get him to turn things around and admit fault. If after that he continued with his sensless immoral reign, I would slit his throat.
41. What famous person(s) would you like to have dinner with?
There are so many, and it would change depending on my mood. But strangely, The Queen. I actually like her. Don't care for her family so much, but I've got plenty of time for Liz.
42. What famous person would you like to sleep with?
Would depend on how much I really liked them once I got to know them. Beauty or fame aren't enough to get you riding my pink tobogan. I like to think that Jennifer Connelly, Tilda Swinton, or Audrey Tautou would have personality and intelligence enough to match their beauty.
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
44. Last book you read for real?
Quatermass by Nigel Kneale. Great stuff!
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
Somewhere, but it's not my childhood teddy, who got eaten by rats.
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
It's not strange to me, but the outback.
47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
Anywhere would do.
48. Number of texts in a day?
Varies between 1 and lots. At the moment, none, due to phone issues.
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
So long as the career is one of my choosing, like acting or writing for screen, then career.
50. Do you go to church?
If we're talking a place that has spiritual significance to me, then yes, every time I drive through scrub, bush, forest or desert.
51. Pencil or pen?
52. What do you want to achieve in life?
To live for at least another 61 years with my mind and ability to receive and communicate ideas intact. A secondary objective would be sex on my 100th birthday *grin*
53. How old are you?
39 and a half